Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly’s Digital Customer Self-Help team is seeking a Digital Content Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Digital Content Manager at Remitly, you will work closely with the Customer Success and Operations teams to write on-brand, optimized, benefit-oriented copy for web audiences. The right person for this role creates content with the understanding that an online user's time is limited, and space constraints are always a concern. If you are someone who knows that cutting down copy is just as important to this job as writing great copy in the first place, then this is a great role for you.
This role will be based in our Managua service center, specifically localizing all content into Spanish, creating new content specific to the Latin America market, and helping to define our content strategy for our Spanish-speaking customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with product development managers to create content for project and product launches, and create plans for post-launch content management
- Interpret feature and product details into easy-to-understand support content that engages and empowers Remitly customers
- Collaborate daily with content strategy, training, and operations
- Create and edit images and/or videos to complement written content
- Act as stakeholder on Self-Help projects where consultation from the content perspective is required, including requirements gathering sessions, functional, and technical design review
- Participate in a cross-functional environment with various edit touchpoints
- Perform user acceptance testing for new site functionality, enhancements, and general maintenance
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing
- Advanced Spanish and English language skills.
- 1-3 years content creation and/or copywriting experience
- 1-3 years of customer service experience is a plus
- Experience in web, mobile, social, and emerging platforms
- Demonstrated ability to write in a wide range of voices and styles
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to independently manage multiple projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience writing for SEO, and a clear understanding of how SEO concepts influence copy
- Collaborative, flexible team player who is able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Demonstrated good business and interpersonal skills
- Usability or conversion enhancement knowledge is a plus
- Experience with mutli-lingual content
- Familiarity with current online trends and tools
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as hypertext markup language