Remitly’s vision is to become the world's most customer focused payments company enabling remittances across international borders. Currently, Remitly offers an easy, affordable and safe way to transfer money to the Philippines, India, Mexico and more. We are rapidly growing and we need people like you who share this vision to help us accomplish our lofty goals.
This includes managing, executing and continuously improving the ongoing CS support needed to meet service level agreements (SLA), quality and productivity targets; making key hiring decisions, implementing succession plans, developing people, and managing individual and team performance; supporting and executing the operational direction of the site’s CS teams in support of company goals and initiatives; driving operational continuous improvement efforts leveraging teams and resources across the company; and providing project management as it relates to the operational support of current and future products, services and markets.
We are looking for exceptional people who are willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast paced technology start-up and be part of the disruption. The successful candidate must excel as a self-starter and work well with cross-functional teams. The Senior Operations Manager will report directly to the Nicaragua's Site Operations Manager and will have up to 15 direct reports that may include front line associates and Team Manager positions. This position is based in Managua, Nicaragua.
- Drive team and individual success against key performance indicators (KPIs) for areas of responsibility.
- Manage performance of multiple direct reports which may include front line associates and Team Managers – as well as additional individual contributor roles as needed.
- Execute on succession planning, recruiting (as hiring manager), retention and career development tactics directly and in conjunction with peers, Human Resources (HR) and Recruiting.
- Ensure adequate and the appropriate level of operational support capacity for assigned shifts, teams and initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to the development of and then execute on operational project and initiative roadmaps to ensure ongoing performance, process or tool improvements and scalability.
- Proactively identify operational risks or issues and work closely with internal and external partners and stakeholders for solutions.
- Identify and contribute to the creation of new metrics, KPIs, reporting and monitoring to drive operational excellence.
- Actively nurture appropriate communication and feedback loops inside the team and throughout the company to leverage insights and learning to their fullest potential.
- Model and promote the Remitly core values at all levels of the operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or related field.
- At least five years’ experience managing CS teams in a fast paced technology environment, including at least three years’ experience managing multiple levels of roles including but not limited to people managers such as Team Leads.
- Demonstrated success working under pressure of deadline with competing priorities.
- At least two years of Intermediate proficiency in Excel and working with data to drive decisions.
- Experience working with a 24x7 environment and a willingness to adjust schedules to accommodate emerging business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- 5+ years in Customer Service operations, with increasing responsibility to work across functions, both internally and externally
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- People oriented with a strong focus on people development
- Basic SQL, SAS or similar data analysis experience preferred
- Able to collaborate and lead results with cross-functional teams
- Passionate about customer experience and willing to sweat the details and dive in to solve customer pain points
- Proven success communicating well (and often), and leading change with stakeholders and senior leaders
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to tailor analysis to explain trends and patterns
- Advanced degree (technical or MBA) or equivalent work experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification.
- Knowledge of the financial services or payments industry.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience working with or for a BPO.
- Third language a plus, such as French, German, Italian or Chinese.