Are you obsessed with testing and iterating? Does the idea of segmenting and developing personas really get you going? Do you analyze all the emails in your personal inbox and recognize the trends in email marketing? Do you believe that email marketing can deepen human interactions when deployed thoughtfully? Are you both analytical and a good copywriter, and are you excited to be the primary innovator of email marketing at Boundless?
As we build out our marketing team at Boundless and our partner company RapidVisa, we’re looking for a marketing manager who has a proven track record of developing and implementing effective email marketing programs, and acts as the business lead to our external marketing vendors. We’re also looking for some who can be agile within a start-up environment, and respond quickly to changes in priorities. While there will be cross-functional resources available, this person should be able to work independently on creating email strategy, developing tests, managing automation, and reporting. This person may also develop and execute strategies in new channels as we evolve.
In this role, during your first month you will:
- Learn about the immigration process to develop a deep understanding of what our customers are going through and the challenges potential customers face
- Understand our customers’ experiences through reading our customer reviews and feedback, listening to customer phone calls and shadowing our customer-facing teams
- Familiarize yourself with our brand voice, content style guide, and clearance guides to understand boundaries of copywriting
- Take stock of all of our current and past marketing emails and draw conclusions about what is/is not currently working
- Learn our email marketing and data analysis tools
Within three months, you will:
- Develop the segments you would like to target within the email marketing program
- Prioritize the initiatives you think will have a meaningful impact on increasing brand trust and/or conversion, and own the execution and analysis of those tests
- Copy write, edit, and analyze all email marketing campaigns on a macro and micro level
- Partner with the content team to identify and execute new content newsletter opportunities
- Understand the existing CRM/backend customer data management, and work with the product team to prioritize engineering initiatives that will unlock more opportunities for segmenting and testing
- Create strategy for increasing and scaling opportunities to solicit positive customer reviews
Within a year, you will also:
- Develop and test email marketing programs for all new products we launch in the next year
- Take on new marketing channels as needed, such as SMS marketing or referrals
We’re looking for someone who has a track record of developing email marketing into a channel that drives conversions. The right person for this role will read this job description and get excited to take ownership and drive change in the marketing org at Boundless.