We are looking for an experienced Amazon Sales Manager to spearhead the next stage of aggressive growth for Owlet both in the US and globally. Working in partnership with a cross-functional team and reporting to the VP of Sales, this person will build, lead, develop and execute the Amazon strategy across our existing and future markets.
You will have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise, and experience to help us drive our business. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting tech start-ups in the world and shape how we define the next stage of our success.
- Builds, develops, and executes the annual sales plan that delivers on revenue and profit goals in line with the company channel strategy
- Manage strategic relationships, sales analytics, and forecasting needs
- Accountable for cost containment, sales growth, revenue and profit growth.
- Build relationships at multiple levels and facilitate connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain and Operations.
- Recommend sales and marketing strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Develops and implements distribution strategies
- Manages multiple Amazon channels strategies and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Marketing and Financial functions.
- High communication with multiple geographies across all functions (Revenue, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Product) to ensure strategy and plans align with corporate strategic direction and there is a clear understanding of plans and pacing
- Communicate a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Effectively manage buy box where Owlet or our partners maintain consistent ownership through the Transparency program and other Initiatives.
- Lead process for managing trade spend/customer programs in collaboration with Marketing and Finance
- Evaluate rolling forecast against annual plan on a monthly basis.
- Provide category management leadership and marketplace insights and analysis.
- Develop sales forecasts by SKU
Sales Strategy & Plans
- Build the Amazon sales plan for each geography, working in partnership with the US Marketing team and Country Manager.
- Build, own and lead the US Amazon strategy for Owlet’s existing business and future expansion
- Sets the strategies and plans to meet or exceed Corporate OKRs with a key focus on delivering the revenue, profit, and cash flow targets.
Research and Insight
- Review and analyze US market and competitor trends in all categories and continue to drive an insight led plan.
- Work with Country Managers to analyze trends and implement proven tactics to drive growth plans
- Work in partnership with Marketing team to build and drive the Marketing plan for the US and international markets
- Work in partnership with the Country Manager, Marketing team, and Finance and Operations functions
- 5+ years’ experience in senior Amazon sales roles within a top-tier consumer-packaged goods company
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Amazon U.S. is essential
- Experience in working with start-ups is a plus
- Experience owning/running a category P&L and working with all functions across the business – marketing/operations/finance to drive the category agendas.
- Experience in launching new products successfully
- Experience working with Marketing teams to build out marketing plans
- Go-getter attitude and commitment to driving forward conversations around baby safety and parent peace of mind
- Strong organizational and commercial skills
- Limited travel
These Might Describe You:
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Great Experience and a proven track record of delivering top and bottom-line results in a customer development capacity
- Being exceptionally insightful in influencing our product portfolio for next 1-2 years with Amazon.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Owlet brand.
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program with company match
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.