Skilljar is seeking a versatile Software Development Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of our products. In addition, they’ll be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where they will have a direct impact on the product.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter who is comfortable owning and driving the development of new features and services, and has a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Contribute to the design and development of new products and services across the development stack.
- Maintain a high level of quality for delivering software.
- Participate in sprint planning and task breakdown and estimation.
- Review and provide feedback on PRs from other team members.
- Collaborate with various team members and stakeholders on requirements definition and feature design & development.
- Support products and services in a production environment.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 4+ years of working experience building web applications using Django, Rails, or some equivalent MVC framework.
- Working experience deploying and supporting software solutions in a production environment.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience scaling web applications as well as working with Heroku and/or AWS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.