Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
We're looking for a bright, confident, take-charge individual who believes strongly in automation and is excited to problem-solve with a few teams, helping identify how best to improve testing infrastructure. This is a hands-on software automation role in an agile environment. We look for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; and take initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft of software engineering and have proven to be great at it. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test-driven development, automation wherever possible, and all sorts of other things to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement sophisticated automatic test suites to test end-to-end product functionality
- Document test plans and publish test results with the goal of continuous improvement in code quality and test coverage
- Work closely with the other test automation framework engineers to extend the framework as needed
- Research and develop new ways to test our quickly evolving software products.
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Lead by example, demonstrating software craftsmanship and best practices
- Strong development background in OO languages such as Java and scala as well as scripting languages such as Python
- Experience in developing, planning, and executing RESTful web services functional, performance, and load testing
- Experience in test case design and development, prioritization, and organization
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Must be a quick learner and able to transform a simple example into a comprehensive test suite that fully exercises a defined set of functionality.
- Ability to analyze, isolate, and document complex technical issues.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to articulate and convey ideas across teams clearly
- Software engineering experience with an interest in test automation.