Owlet is growing and on the search for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our quality team. Our mission is to change the world by empowering parents with infant health tracking data. After two years of developing the world’s smallest baby specific pulse oximeter, Owlet launched online in 2016 and has seen tremendous growth, winning awards across the country including Best Baby Monitor of 2017. However, our biggest accomplishment is giving thousands of parents peace of mind.
This is a hands-on role where the Assistant Clinical Field Assurance Specialist will act as the a point of contact for customer escalations. The person in this role is empowered to resolve moderate to complex customer complaints and will work with other quality, engineering, and clinical personnel on critical and sensitive issues/customer complaints under the direction of the Clinical Field Assurance Specialist. This person is responsible for gathering/capturing preliminary information on customer complaints, making an initial reporting decision, and ensuring completeness and consistency of preliminary complaint documentation.
- Receive complaints and follow-up to collect relevant information from the user, provide education/reassurance as necessary as assigned by the Clinical Field Assurance Specialist
- Communicate with outside parties in a professional and customer-focused manner that is in following with our mission and enhances the Owlet Baby Care brand
- Assess clinical risk of reported complaints. Where appropriate, arrange for follow-up with a medical professional
- Respond to customers and complaints timely
- Perform the preliminary classification of complaints
- Escalate complaints that require additional review and/or when new failure modes are encountered
- Complete preliminary investigation, identify potential cause(s) and contributing factor(s) to the alleged event, device relationship, and if formal device investigation is necessary
- Summarize the results of the preliminary investigation
- Work closely with other members of the quality team to identify potential root causes and appropriate corrective and preventive actions
- Maintain all required records for the complaint
- Arrange for the return of complaint samples
- Provide peer review and feedback of complaints and reports
- Up to 25 hours per week, flexible schedule
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program, ASN or BSN.
- At least 1 year of clinical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and telephone presence/manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, telephone courtesy, professionalism, and persuasion.
- Understands how to present information dependent upon the level of the audience.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle and manage workload independently.
- Prioritize numerous activities in a rapid paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to make decisions quickly using information at hand and evaluate the need to obtain clarification and direction when necessary.
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program with company match
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law