We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com
With a massive mobile security dataset and over 100 granted patents, Lookout’s security platform, the Lookout Security Cloud, supports a wide range of Lookout products and services and forms the backbone of Lookout’s value and competitive advantages in the mobile security market.
We are looking for a Staff Security Researcher to join our Application Security Intelligence team, a group of world-class mobile researchers who work on malware and other app-based threats in the mobile space. As a member of this team you will have access and contribute to an extensive arsenal of detection tools and technologies used to hunt and neutralize Android and iOS malware to protect our users.
- Identify and stop threats to user security and privacy, using the largest data set of mobile apps in the world.
- Develop strategies to hunt mobile app threats targeting enterprises and individuals.
- Identify and track malicious actors.
- Develop tools to mine our mobile app data set to identify new malware families, actors, and trends in mobile malware.
- Create detection logic to protect users from current and future malware instances.
Qualifications & skills:
- Experience in reverse engineering software (mobile App reversing preferred).
- Threat hunting experience with multiple data sets.
- Ability to read code in Java, C, C++, ARM Assembly; bonus points for ObjectiveC, Swift.
- Ability to create research tools in Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Knowledge of mobile systems (Android, iOS).
- Experience using some of the following tools: IDA Pro, Hopper, gdb, Frida.
- Curiosity and a strong drive to understand how malware and cyber crime business models work.