We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com
With a massive mobile security dataset and over 100 granted patents, Lookout’s security platform, the Lookout Security Cloud, supports a wide range of Lookout products and services and forms the backbone of Lookout’s value and competitive advantages in the mobile security market.
We are looking for a Staff Security Researcher to join our Phishing and Content Protection (PCP) team, a group of Engineers and Researchers dedicated to protecting Lookout users from phishing and other web-based threats. The PCP team leverages tools driven by state-of-the-art machine-learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) to identify threats, track malicious actors, and derive intelligence on tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs). This big-data approach allows us to process and analyze millions of new data points every day adding to our extensive and growing corpus of phishing data and supporting the creation of new coverage to shield users and their mobile devices from malicious actors.
- Research malicious actors, their tools, methods and targets.
- Identify and stop content-based attacks against Lookout users.
- Create detection logic and find patterns and trends to protect users from current and future phishing threats.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop the tools to support our most critical research initiatives and content development workflows.
- Contribute to publication of discoveries of phishing and other web-based threats.
Qualifications & skills:
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java) to create research tools and ad-hoc scripts.
- Knowledge of the Domain Name Service (DNS) and whois system and solid understanding of HTTP and TLS protocol and certificates.