Comet is doing for Machine Learning what GitHub did for software. We allow data science teams to automagically track their datasets, code changes, experimentation history and production models creating efficiency, transparency, and reproducibility. Ever wondered how Linus felt when he invented GIT? How about the brains behind JIRA? Machine Learning teams operate like software teams 15 years ago and we started Comet.ml to write the rules of ML workflows and teams.
You’re welcome here
Working in a fast dynamic startup is challenging and lots of fun. We are looking for people who want to make an impact with their roles and decisions. If you are excited about pushing code that will change the way data scientists work all over the world, this is the right place for you. Comet.ml is backed by major VCs and we’re looking to expand our team. This role can be based in our NYC SoHo office or remote.
Comet.ml is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Comet is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join as the first hire in this function. You will be supporting the deployments of its Enterprise AI Platform (Comet Enterprise) to an ever-growing and diverse customer base. The role would be based in NYC or Remote (USA time zone).
As a senior-level Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to showcase your skills as a polished communicator and a trusted technical resource along with being able to demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritization and multitasking. Furthermore, we are looking for someone who loves learning new cutting-edge technologies and getting their hands dirty to solve challenging technical problems and is naturally driven to become an expert in the space.
Our ideal candidate is an autonomous individual who is passionate about getting big data and data science technologies working together to solve business problems, and who will efficiently help customers solve their technical issues with Comet Enterprise. If you are interested in staying at the bleeding edge of big data and AI while also having the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup as we look to take our support operation global, this will be a great fit for you.
This role will be fully remote. Also, you will be working with a global team (large presence in Tel Aviv and Europe) – so some flexibility with work hours is required.
In this role, you’ll help the team:
- Own three core KPI’s: Response time in-line with SLA expectations, time to resolution, and satisfaction of response
- Help product and engineering identify themes to build more robust documentation.
- Partner with Sales and CS to win deals and support customers.
- Provide technical solutions and respond to technical requests from customers through a variety of communication channels.
- Manage and resolve support issues with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Act as a liaison between clients and other Comet teams (such as Customer Success, Engineering, Data Science, etc.) to help deliver a fast and efficient resolution to issues.
- Improve efficiencies by documenting and standardizing support processes along with capturing or developing best practices.
- Develop tools that will help in diagnosing, resolving, and triaging hard-to-get-at problems.
- Document knowledge in the form of incident notes, technical articles, and contributions to knowledge bases or forums within specific areas of expertise.
- Follow-up on customer commitments always meeting customer SLA’s, balancing effectively both processes with the need to adapt to the situation, along with relaying lessons learned and feedback internally to our other client-facing and technical teams.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Strong competency in technical problem solving, with demonstrated experience working with advanced log analysis and other debugging techniques
- Proficiency working with Unix-based operating systems
- Comfort working with and reading customer code
- Experience working with at least one type of relational database and SQL
- Grit when faced with technical issues - you don’t rest until you understand what is happening and why things are not working
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical individuals as needed
- Ability to be autonomous, resourceful, and a proactive self-starter, while also remaining process-oriented and a team player
Bonus points for any of these:
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a client-facing engineering or technical role, ideally involving a complex and rapidly evolving software/product
- Experience working with a multitude of analytics and big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Docker/K8s, and various other database or BI technologies)
- Hands-on experience with Python and/or R
- Working knowledge of various cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems like LDAP, SAML, and Kerberos
- Ability to make an impact and help scale the Support organization
- Ability to work at the industry leader in MLOps
- Competitive compensation package, including equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to our HQ (NYC) along with other locations worldwide for company-wide and team summits