At Boundless, we are breaking down the barriers of the immigration system and are looking to expand our Product Management vertical to work closely with our team of engineers, designers, and business owners to dramatically increase our problem solving and development velocity as a company. This is a unique opportunity to set the standard for how we build and develop products at Boundless and for creating a meaningful impact in the lives of millions of families.
You will thrive in this role if:
- You love going deep into understanding what your users really need and building the best possible experience for them.
- You combine analytics with qualitative research to come up with creative insights to challenging problems.
- You are an autonomous operator that can get things done and lead a team of engineers, designers, marketers, and lawyers through ambiguity.
Within the first month, you will:
- Discover your users and their needs.
- Deeply understand our product development process and how our product team functions. You will join our team ceremonies and work closely with PM leadership and engineering/design resources to understand how products are built at Boundless.
- Depending on business needs and your interest areas, you will work with your peers (engineers, designers, and depending on your team either our marketers. customer success teams, and /or Independent Immigration Attorneys) to deeply understand our customers, our processes, and the immigration system as a whole. You will get your hands dirty with data and you will familiarize yourself with the problems we are trying to solve as a company.
Within the first three months:
- Start owning a product’s workstream and identifying opportunity areas for growth.
- Once you are familiar with our product development process, you will take on the tactical responsibilities of driving our existing initiatives forward. This includes leading ceremonies, identifying features and requirements, managing in-flight experiments, and optimizing our institutional processes.
- You will develop meaningful relationships with internal stakeholders.
- You will start to represent your product to leadership in the form of recurring data readouts that measure the success of your product line against predefined key results.
- Start participating in our planning and review processes.
Within the first year:
- Own the end to end user experience and KPIs for one or two products within the Boundless portfolio. Responsibilities include contributing to feature ideation/development, leading all prioritization decisions, and identifying/escalating blocking issues as appropriate.
- Partner with Engineering and Design to identify a plan for 10x product scale and develop a roadmap that will enable that plan.
- Own the data pipeline for your products and share timely reports with senior leadership.
We are a fast-growing startup based out of Seattle, WA. For us, immigrants come first. We operate with empathy for each other and ownership in things we do; and we strive to continuously get better. We believe passion for our users and for learning always beats the experience