SUMMARY: Owlet’s product team is searching for a User Experience Design Director to help define the future of infant care in the tech space. This is an opportunity to work with a mission driven team that is actively changing parent’s lives for the better.
About the Job: Owlet’s UX Director helps define and drive the future of Owlet design. They create and clarify product strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other Design, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Owlet products, leveraging your passion to delight the user through, user experience, brand, and design quality.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8 years of experience in UX Design.
- 3 years of experience managing or leading design teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Disciplined in working as a player and a couch to contribute and lead the team
- Proficient in UX software tools: Figma, Sketch, Adobe creative suite, as well as interactive prototyping tools and research tools
- Experience balancing product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working on a product from inception to shipment.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for iOS & Android and platforms such as desktop
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program with company match
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.