Owlet’s Quality Engineering Manager will be the strategic and tactical lead for Owlet’s efforts associated with developing and sustaining Owlet’s quality needs. This includes processes to manage design and supplier quality, test engineering and failure analysis for all Owlet products and markets.
- Lead a team of quality engineers, supplier quality contractors and/or engineers and test and failure analysis technicians/engineers to processes to bring world class products to our customers.
- Lead both engineers and hourly employees in the following Quality Engineering functions:
- Product Quality Engineering: work and assign necessary resources to design, development
and NPI stages.
- Supplier quality engineering: ensure suppliers and contract manufacturers consistently meet
quality requirements and are in constant effort to drive improvements into our products and their processes in the supply chain.
- Failure analysis: work with product development teams to ensure that root causes of product defects are identified, documented, communicated and addressed as needed
- Returns processing: ensure that product returns are processed in an accurate and efficient
Manner and appropriate root causes are assigned to customer complaints
- Attend or assign direct reports to attend new product development builds, participate in OEM audits and other audit activities as required
- Conducts and coordinates external supplier audits to support new business awards or ongoing QMS needs
- Initiates and drives continuous process & yield improvement projects throughout Owlet’s supplier base.
- Quality Manager in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs will also be an advocate for the following:
- DFMEAs on Owlet’s products and P/DFMEAs from OEM partners
- Periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data to drive product/process improvements
- Continuous development and maintenance of processes and procedures within the Quality Management System, particularly in relation to Supplier Quality, Failure Analysis and New Product Development/Introduction
- Leads Supplier Quality efforts with New Product Introduction, Cost Reduction projects, and component resourcing activities
- Leads teams/projects related to supplier complaint investigation, CAPA, and quality system excellence
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred with 5+ years of experience
- Associates degree with 7+ years of experience
- 5+ year(s): Experience in design and supplier quality within a consumer product, consumer appliances, or other electro technical product category
- 1+ year(s): Experience managing and building a team of direct reports
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to act independently to solve complex problems
- Experience writing procedures, and training others
- Wide range of technical experience/skills
- Use independent research to formulate action plans. Present the information and execute actions plans
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Continuous Improvement mentality
- Understanding of database management and report generation a major plus
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Goal reviews
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Holidays
- Healthcare Benefits
- Company Benefits
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.