Lookout is the leader in mobile security, protecting the device at the intersection of the personal you and the professional you. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobile devices are essential to all we do for work and play. We’re trusted by millions of consumers, enterprises, government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated and experienced attorney with an enterprise SaaS transactional background to join a dynamic legal team. You will be partnering with our field sales and support teams and interacting with internal clients at every level of the company and across different departments. While this is a highly collaborative, flexible, and fun environment, we are looking for a self-starting problem-solver who can work collaboratively and autonomously and roll up their sleeves when necessary to get the job done
What will you be doing?
This role will involve providing legal support to the business on a range of commercial transactions. Key priorities will involve working closely with the enterprise sales and commercial teams to draft, negotiate and review complex distribution and reseller contracts and commercial partnering agreements. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and agile attorney with exceptional negotiation and drafting skills.
This role will be based out of the company’s Boston office, reporting to Lookout’s Senior Corporate Counsel.
- Negotiate, draft and close a variety of agreements, including distributor agreements, reseller agreements, SaaS, customer and sales agreements, technology licensing agreements, and services agreements.
- Develop, improve and maintain policies and agreements, including end user agreements.
- Build and manage processes and workflows that can scale globally to keep up with our fast growth.
- Keep abreast of U.S. and international law that may affect the business.
- Advise on special projects as needed, including new product development and expansion into new international markets.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams as a trusted advisor, creative problem-solver and strategic thinker.
Desired Skills and Experience
- JD from accredited law school, licensed to practice law and a member in good standing before a State Bar.
- 8 years of relevant commercial transaction experience in technology and commercial licensing, ideally with prior commercial transaction experience with a major law firm.
- Top-notch expertise in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Ability to craft transaction agreement with an exceptionally high degree of detail.
- International transaction experience a plus.
- Expertise with the following areas of law is preferred: enterprise SaaS, licensing, technology, partnerships, IP, and data privacy and security.
- Pragmatic strategist who can identify and resolve legal issues in the context of the company’s commercial goals.
- Collaborative team player and terrific communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.