At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly is seeking an experienced paralegal to manage and lead legal reviews and advice on our global marketing initiatives. The candidate will also manage and assist with reviewing commercial agreements and provide general support on legal team projects. In this newly created role, you will be a key member of our friendly and growing Seattle and London based legal team, also partnering with business teams around the world as Remitly continues to expand its business.
What you’ll do
- Legal Marketing – You will be the first level of legal review for marketing campaigns. You will work closely with our marketing teams to develop new marketing initiatives for a service being offered around the world, ensuring that our campaigns are not only effective, but compliant with all applicable laws.
- Commercial Agreements – You will assist in all phases of the contract negotiation process, from intake, through negotiation to closing. You will be responsible for directly negotiating certain types of contracts and will assist in the contracting process for others.
- Building Self-Service Legal Processes – You will be instrumental in assisting our Legal team build self-service processes that will make the organization run more efficiently, including marketing, business development, compliance, and external communications.
- General Legal Support - You will provide support and assistance with other legal matters and projects to fulfill the Legal team’s goals on an as needed basis.
Who You Are
- Personable, inquisitive, enthusiastic, and a self-starter – all with a strong bias for action, desire for self-improvement, and the ability to embrace change
- A team player who can effectively work with business partners and legal colleagues cooperatively and efficiently
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior leaders of an organization.
- You’re independent, but also work well under direction and in a team setting
- You exercise sound judgment and discretion under pressure
- You work well in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, across time zones, and with competing deadlines
- Works well with people at all levels inside the company
- Flexible, resourceful, and driven to innovate
- 3+ years’ of paralegal or other comparable experience (in-house experience preferred) with a focus on marketing compliance and contract management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certification a plus
- Strong proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Slides), MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat, and general comfort with learning new software.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and a great team player
- A focus and working knowledge of the Fintech / technology industry is strongly preferred
- Experience implementing new systems is a plus.
- Worked in a company during a period of rapid growth from hundreds to thousands of employees and with a global presence
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer