At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for an autonomous Finance leader to join Remitly’s growing Finance team, reporting to our Corporate Senior Accounting Manager. This role will be accountable for leadership and oversight of widespread financial matters across our APAC market. You’ll leverage deep experience in financial oversight, regulatory reporting, accounting, tax, budgeting/forecasting, and corporate governance to support our aggressive international growth vision.
You’ll accomplish this by partnering closely and empathetically across multiple business units to drive decisions. Your critical work will directly impact the success and ongoing operations of our APAC business.
What You’ll Do
- Be a key point of contact for the financial regulator in , the APAC entities representing Remitly in financial matters.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the compliance landscape and determine fiscal impact to existing processes and business as well as ensure internal stakeholders are informed on all fiscal changes and risks.
- Own all financial regulatory requirements for Remitly’s APAC entities. This will include but is not limited to safeguarding client funds, regulatory capital monitoring, and submission of statistical & financial returns.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting close for the APAC entities and coordinates with the Corporate Accounting Team to meet the monthly closing deadlines.
- Partner with APAC business owners and the Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team to support annual budgeting and expense and headcount management.
- Subject matter expert in statutory financial reporting framework and able to reconcile US GAAP to the statutory financial reporting framework.
- Owns the internal financial reporting related to annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and flux analysis for APAC entities’ leadership team and Corporate Operations team, and coordinates with the Corporate FP&A on the monthly reporting and commentaries on the variances.
- Maintains appropriate accounting records in accordance with best practices and government regulations.
- Coordinates with the banks and with the Corporate Treasury on the banks' documentary requirements, updating of bank signatories, opening of new bank accounts, et al.
- Manages the APAC entities’ funding requirements in coordination with the Corporate Accounting and Treasury teams.
- Prepares and updates the APAC entities’ policies, and ensures adherence to these policies on an ongoing basis.
- Documents and reviews the APAC entities' internal controls, and makes recommendations to the Corporate Controller on process improvements and/or automation.
- Reviews and documents the APAC entities' tax positions and practices, secures a formal advisory from the tax advisor to ensure that these tax practices are aligned with the pertinent tax regulations, and implements changes in coordination with other departments like HR to ensure tax compliance.
- Handles the tax audits, simulates the possible tax exposures, and reports to the Corporate Finance team all developments on the tax audits in a timely manner.
- Manage statutory audits including coordination with external audit firms and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain oversight of outsourced services provided to Remitly’s APAC entities, inclusive of accounting, tax, and internal audit functions.
- Own payroll processes and employee reporting as required for Remitly’s APAC entities.
- Facilitate business insight through ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Provide support for geographical forecasts and subsidiary-level financial statements, inclusive of transfer pricing and taxes.
- Support employees in APAC entities as the Finance point of contact.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to support international product launches.
- Assists the Corporate Accounting team in managing the global Procure to Pay function.
Who You Are
- 7+ years progressive experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting; CPA or Chartered Accountant required
- International experience and FinTech industry experience highly valued
- Demonstrated knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP, current trends, and developments
- Experience succeeding in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly entrepreneurial business environment
- Ability to drive results with autonomy and partner with empathy across geographies and business units
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal) and partnership skills
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer