Passbook is the first digital bank for immigrants in the US. We believe that leaving home is hard enough and managing your money shouldn’t be, so we introduce the first digital banking solution with no fees, with no SSN required & for international use. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Passbook, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Passbook Risk & Operational Compliance Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring we meet external regulations by diligently investigating suspicious activity, filing referral reports when needed and working upstream with Fraud, Identity, and Risk (FIR) team to systematically eliminate unwanted activity leveraging available customer behavior data/trends enabling Passbook to scale. Your role is crucial to create a robust Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a fintech partner to a U.S. nationally chartered bank, Passbook is required to refer Questionable Activity Reports (QARs). You will work with the Compliance Officer and Compliance Program Lead to identify and submit QARs within internal service guidelines and partner-mandated timelines
- Evaluate internal reports and related filters to confirm Passbook is monitoring its customer base for compliance with the terms of its user agreement and agreements with Partner Bank
- Lead periodic AML risk assessments and help implement needed corrective actions
- Work across Passbook teams to help build compliant products, systems, and tools
- Assist Compliance Officer and Compliance Program Lead with projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Experience with AML, CTF, KYC and other government policies; preferably in a fintech, banking, or payments processor space.
- Experience with payments products, services, and operations
- Substantive knowledge of applicable compliance issues and requirements
- Strong communicator and ability to work directly with Partners
- The ability to detect non-obvious patterns, create solutions for complex issues directly affecting the customer experience, and report trends to product teams
- CAMS or BSA/AML certifications
- 1+ years of experience either overseeing or directly contributing to operational compliance programs