Passbook is the first digital bank for immigrants in the US. We believe that leaving home is hard enough and managing your money shouldn’t be, so we introduce the first digital banking solution with no fees, with no SSN required & for international use. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Passbook, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Passbook Customer Behavior Investigator (CBI) you will be responsible for ensuring flawless execution of our Fraud, Identity and Risk (FIR) controls to reduce risk of exposure, while keeping very high standards of customer support. Your primary responsibility on this role consists in being able to profile customers based on their account use behavior and clearly analyze data points that will later translate into decisions taken over account status. In addition, as CBI you will be directly partnering with our SEA Team to propose solutions and provide feedback that translates into product/process improvements to reduce manual review rates and increase the effectiveness of automatic fraud detection.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Behavior Investigator
- Fully understands our customer persona, and exercises excellent judgement to review high risk customers to identify suspicious activity such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft and similar other risks
- Proposes strong data points as leading indicators of fraud, helping product teams identify fraud at early stages using our operational framework TTP (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures).
- Develops customer behavior profiles by deeply analyzing trends in consumer behavior.
- Effectively discern unusual patterns that could result in potential money laundering activity, and rapidly act upon those for proper SAR filing.
- Excellent sense of urgency to report possible security breaches that may compromise our fraud detection model.
- Identifies/proposes new product or process workflow solutions aimed at improving overall efficiencies, cost, or improved customer experience.
- Change and Knowledge Management
- Document Standard Operational Procedures that will facilitate analysis and understand processes for specific actions or suspicious behaviors, following our operational framework TTP.
- Partner with training to help create new training content, and ensure change lands.
- Mastery of Remitly Cultural Values:
- Sweat the details
- Data driven
- Customer Centricity
- Bias for action
- Continuously improve
- Act with Integrity
- Has passion and experience demonstrating key cultural values:
- Great attention to details
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Innovator and resourceful
- Customer centric and goal-oriented focus
- Excellent Human or Interpersonal Skills
- Intermediate-high English skills, written and verbal (proficient English is a plus)
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial or System engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 years as fraud investigator, analyst or similar experience.
- Any additional certification (ACFE) is a plus.
- Experience in value and risk mapping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Exceptional analytical and critical problem solving skills
- Process improvement and documentation experience.
- Ability to recognize non-obvious patterns
- Multi-task and perform duties with high accuracy and strong degree of urgency
with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management skills
- Flexibility to work and learn independently
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience
- Willing to continuously learn and to do new tasks.
- Typing proficiency