Lookout is the leader in mobile security, protecting the device at the intersection of the personal you and the professional you. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobile devices are essential to all we do for work and play. We are trusted by millions of consumers, enterprises, government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
- Engage with both internal and external partners to drive the development and execution of reward and recognition practices, build strong and scalable processes, and build both a center of excellence and a world class team.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of our global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in line with Lookout’s business needs, culture, and values to include: philosophy, job evaluation and salary surveys, salary and incentive structures, pay budgets and equity analysis.
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs.
- Build and provide ongoing mentorship, training and development to a total rewards team.
- Oversee the creation of policies and procedures to ensure global compliance and the achievement of equitable and competitive employee total cash and equity compensation.
- Oversee our global benefits programs including health, welfare and retirement programs, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness.
- Establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics.
- Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across Lookout.
- Lead annual strategic planning, in partnership with Finance, on company-wide rewards programs and budgets.
- Oversee the 401(k) Investment Committee agenda and meetings in the U.S.
- Play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Work with our independent consultant for the Compensation Committee, along with the CEO, to drive annual recommendations for Executive Compensation, outside Director Compensation, equity programs and other analysis requested by the Committee.
- 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience at a public tech company.
- Strong track record building, leading and mentoring a diverse and high performing team.
- Excellent business acumen, strong strategic planning and analytic skills.
- Experience working and leading cross-functionally in a high growth business environment.
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence both internally and externally.
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team’s success.
- Strong analytical skills or the ability to leverage data to make recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- Ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.