SUMMARY: Imagine if your engineering skills could help infants sleep safe and sound. That is possible at Owlet, where great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our ideal DevOps Engineer is well versed in DevOps technologies, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration. They are also very passionate about innovation and quality.
- Deploy and maintain the performance, security, and network of a multi-cluster kubernetes environment.
- Increase visibility into, and stability of, our platform through automation, infrastructure-as-code and effective monitoring and alerting.
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD pipelines to increase the quality & velocity of deployments.
- Build internal tools to increase engineering productivity and grow our DevOps culture.
- Collaborate with software engineers to ensure new features and functionality will be supported by our infrastructure and validate their scalability, reliability, and security requirements.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team.
- Apply modern open source tools and frameworks where appropriate.
- Utilize great debugging skills to investigate and solve hard-to-reproduce problems.
- Have ownership of your development through design prototyping and implementation.
- Have on call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team.
- 5+ years of practical work experience
- Experience working with a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Istio and other cloud native frameworks
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and networking and security fundamentals
- Experience maintaining infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform, Chef or Puppet
- Experience building and maintaining pipelines with CI/CD tools like CodeFresh or CircleCI
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Datadog, NewRelic, Grafana, Prometheus or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, especially Python/Bash
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (REST, load balancing, HTTP(S), authentication)
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as in a team
- Experience with source control, preferably git
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with microservices and distributed systems
- Experience load testing and performance tuning
- Exceptional problem solving, analysis, decomposition, and communication skills
- Familiarity with:
- IoT devices
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Goal reviews
- Performance feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Standard Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) match)
- Fully Remote or WFH available
- Unlimited PTO
- Discounts on Owlet Products
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.