What you will do:
We are looking for a proven Sales Director to spear-head the next stage of aggressive growth for Owlet in the US. Working in partnership with an amazing sales team and reporting to the SVP of Sales, this person will build, lead, develop and execute the US Sales strategy across both our existing and future categories.
You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help us drive our business. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing tech start-ups in the world and shape how we define the next stage of our success.
- Build, develops, and over delivers Annual Sales Business Plan by retailer for Owlet’s US business that delivers on revenue and profit goals in line with the company channel strategy.
- Manage customer development, sales analytics and forecasting requirements.
- Accountable for cost containment, sales growth, revenue, and profit growth
- Build, develop, and manage a high performing sales team
- Build customer relationships on multiple levels and facilitate connections in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Develops and implements distribution strategies
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Marketing and Financial functions.
- High communication across all functions (Revenue, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Product) to ensure strategy and plans align with corporate strategic direction and there is a clear understanding of plans and pacing
- Effectively negotiate retailer, partner, and distribution agreements
- Work in collaboration with Marketing and Finance to manage trade spend/customer programs.
- Evaluate rolling forecast against annual plan on a quarterly basis.
- Manage key national accounts: establish promotion calendars, new items, trade spend investment, post-promo analysis, and retail programs.
- Provide category management leadership and marketplace insights and analysis.
- Develop sales forecasts by Retailer by SKU.
Sales Strategy & Plans
- Build the Sales plan for each category, working in partnership with Marketing and Finance.
- Build, own and lead the Sales strategy for Owlet’s existing and future categories.
- Sets the strategies and plans to meet or exceed Sales / Corporate OKRs with a key focus on delivering the revenue, profit and cash flow targets.
P&L / Financial Management
- Budget responsibility for all categories – remaining laser focused on ROI whilst driving our volume goals
- Work closely with Finance team to ensure strong financial controls are in place and deliver a profitable marketing P&L
Research and Insight
- Review and analyze US market and competitor trends in all categories and continue to drive an insight led plan
- Work in partnership with Marketing to build and drive the US distribution and retail plan
Building and Leading Teams
- The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate and coach a team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of talent.
- 10+ years’ experience in senior sales roles within a top-tier consumer-packaged goods company.
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of key U.S. national accounts (e.g. Walmart, Target, buybuyBABY, Costco, etc) is essential.
- Experience running a team, leading, developing, and coaching people.
- Experience owning/running a category P&L and working with all functions across the business – sales/operations/finance to drive the category agendas.
- Proven track record of launching new products successfully.
- Experience working with Marketing teams to build out retail and trade marketing plans
- Go-getter attitude and commitment to driving forward conversations around family peace of mind and Infant safety.
- Strong organizational and commercial skills
- High amount of travel, assuming we get back to normal sometime soon
These Might Describe You:
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Great Experience and a proven track record of delivering top and bottom line results in a customer development capacity
- Being exceptionally insightful in influencing our product portfolio for next 1-2 years with our retail partners
- A model of collaborative behaviour and execution in delivering great programming for the Owlet brand at retail (both online and offline)
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
- Stock options
- Lunch every Friday