Position Title: Chief People Officer
The Chief People Officer (CPO) is responsible for developing and executing resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development. The CPO provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, and the board of directors.
As the CPO, you are the strategic partner of the President and Executive team and driving force behind our most essential asset: our people. At Owlet Baby Care, People Operations is a high-leverage force multiplier for the entire organization. People Operations at Owlet Baby Care unleashes the potential that exists in the individuals that comprise the organization. It ensures that all Owlet Baby employees are fulfilled in their careers while at Owlet Baby Care, helping Owlet Baby Care recruit talent, retain talent, and maximize employee’s impact on Owlet Baby Care's strategic business objectives. You and the HR team interact with and support leadership, managers, and employees, making sure the team lives out our values each day and has the skills, knowledge, and motivation necessary to excel in their jobs and, ultimately, help Owlet Baby Care achieve success.
- Strategic Leader - You drive consensus on our values, our management philosophies, and their alignment to our business objectives. You ensure that they are lived and understood by the team as a visible member of the executive and leadership teams. You establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision.
- Trusted Advisor - You are a trusted advisor to our Executive team with a deep understanding of our business goals. You are an essential member of the Executive team that crafts corporate strategy. And you are a caring advocate for our employees, helping managers and team members navigate challenges as they and the company grow.
- Talent Acquisition - You organize and drive our talent acquisition process, guiding the HR team in their search for great talent, building our brand, and driving an efficient talent funnel, identifying trends to recommend proactive solutions for attracting and retaining the best talent. You develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Career Development - You enable the leaders to develop their teams and individuals to operate at the highest level possible with training and career path solutions. You work with the HR team to develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits goals that are competitive and elevate Owlet Baby Care’s recruiting and retention strategies.
- Work Environment - You and your team create an amazing work environment, characterized by energy, psychological safety, and employee engagement, and strategize exciting initiatives.
- Bring unique ideas – You and your team think outside the box to make Owlet Baby Care a top-tier workplace.
- Key Player - You identify, implement, and integrate systems solutions and processes, to improve business and operational processes, reduce costs and improve business KPI’s as related to the HR team.
- Culture Driven – You develop culture initiatives that align with Owlet’s uniqueness and are reflected in all decisions, programs, recruiting, and processes as the company scales.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experienced Business Professional - You have run people operations and have 10+ years of VP level experience or higher.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Effective Leader - You are capable of coaching, guiding, and influencing executives and managers to adopt people operations' best practices.
- Player-Coach - You are capable of driving strategic initiatives through others while also rolling up your sleeves and producing output yourself.
- Passionate - You are passionate about creating a high-performing organization that provides fulfilling and engaging opportunities to its employees and wins in the market.
- Adaptable – You possess the adaptability skills to succeed in a dynamic and ever-changing business environment.
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program with company match
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.