Skilljar is seeking a versatile Infrastructure Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be a generalist with experience in system administration, cloud hosting, build and release pipelines, scripting & automation, etc. As a key member of our DevOps/Infrastructure team, this engineer will play a central role in optimizing, evolving, and scaling our cloud infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline, and monitoring and alerting infrastructure. A small organization mentality is critical for success in this position: a hardworking can-do attitude, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate with other engineering teams.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a multifaceted environment. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Build and support best in class solutions for Skilljar’s Heroku & AWS cloud infrastructure, including:
- CI/CD pipeline
- Application hosting infrastructure
- Data storage and management
- Logging, monitoring and alarming
- Collect, analyze, and review operational metrics to monitor system health
- Support our engineering teams by improving efficiency through automation and tooling
- Scale and optimize Skilljar’s infrastructure’s performance, maintainability, stability, reliability, and ease of use
- Research and adapt new infrastructure/hosting technologies, tools, and standard methodologies
- At least 3 years of experience working in an infrastructure or DevOps engineering role.
- Experience deploying and managing web applications on Heroku and/or AWS.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: hands-on experience with Jenkins, familiarity with other CI systems (Drone, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, etc..) a plus.
- Experience with Scripting (bash, Python, Ruby, or similar scripting languages) and familiarity with Linux account and system administration.
- Logging - AWS Cloudwatch Monitoring and Alarming - Familiarity supporting and integrating log management tools, application monitoring services and alarming services such as AWS Cloudwatch, ELK, New Relic.
- Experience supporting/solving production incidents/issues and using VictorOps or PagerDuty.
- Knowledgeable on DevOps standard methodologies.
- Self-motivated and collaborative teammate with excellent interpersonal skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona.