At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system. We are looking for a Controller to partner with our VP Finance and build our accounting function. We are a fast-growing tech company working through the fun and challenge of scaling an international and mission-oriented operation, while innovating and expanding in a category that will evolve in a big way in 2021 and beyond. Our culture is dynamic and fast moving, while also casual, supportive and collaborative, and our team is a diverse group of highly driven, strategic-minded individuals, executing across their various areas of expertise.
Boundless’ Controller will have broad ownership over accounting, tax, compliance, and treasury activities. They will own the timely preparation of our financial statements to provide transparency into performance against our business and customer goals, and take on important cross-functional projects to help scale our financial operations. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset who is excited to build up from the bottom, hire a team, and scale operational finance processes at an early-stage, high-growth tech startup with SaaS characteristics and international operations.
During your first three months, you will:
- Prepare our monthly consolidated financial statements and working papers consistent with U.S. GAAP
- Work closely with our operations and product teams to implement a new revenue recognition policy
- Supervise key cash flow activities including AP and payroll review
- Develop cash management processes for U.S. and international subsidiaries
- Conduct variance and trend analysis
- Empower cross-functional stakeholders with performance KPIs to enable data-driven decision making
Within your first year, you will:
- Hire, manage, and mentor a team
- Prepare for and lead Boundless through its first annual audit
- Conduct technical accounting research
- Develop new internal processes for expense reimbursements, vendor onboarding, billing/AP
- Support the preparation of financial commentary and analysis for our board of directors and investors
- Evaluate and implement new tech and tools to help us scale our financial operations
- Evaluate and recommend changes to our tax policies and procedures
About this position:
Successful candidates will have a CPA, as well as a strong command of U.S. GAAP. They should possess strong analytical skills, have familiarity with SaaS revenue recognition concepts, and have experience working through financial audits. Experience with high-growth tech companies and international operations will make you especially successful in this role.