SUMMARY: We are looking for a reliable Equity Plan Administrator to manage all aspects of Owlet’s employee equity plans and ensure compliance with relevant accounting and legal requirements. We also anticipate that this position will manage certain aspects of payroll administration.
- Administer the company's equity plans for all employees.
- Manage the equity administration system, including, but not limited to, ensuring the cap table is current and accurate, and processing new grant issuances, stock option exercises, and employee information updates.
- Respond to employee/shareholder inquiries and requests regarding equity programs and grants.
- Partner closely with Accounting on all equity transactions and provide documentation for financial statements and disclosures.
- Conduct and contribute to financial forecasting and planning projects and recommend business process improvement efforts related to company equity programs.
- Prepare custom reports and perform complex reconciliations to review accuracy of equity and transaction data.
- Track and report changes in ownership including updating documents, communicating with shareholders, and staying compliant with equity plan requirements.
- Coordinate with multiple departments including Legal, Accounting, Finance and HR, and with the company's third-party recordkeeping systems and transfer agent.
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and equity programs and policies.
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including but not limited to enhancing existing manual processes, automating processes and helping to evaluate service providers.
- Interpret and understand legal documents such as security regulations government legislation and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and securities laws in your area of remit.
- Support internal/external auditors.
- Coordinate the review and approval of new equity grants, ensuring proper approvals and controls are in place.
- Payroll administration: Responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll via the payroll system, ADP.
- Review the computation of pay and ensures the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations.
- Respond to and resolve inquiries regarding paychecks.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred. Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification preferred.
- Direct experience in equity management and stock administration (Solium experience preferred)
- Experience with different types of equity plans or stock-based compensation
- Strong background with financial report systems and data flows preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with third-party recordkeeping systems.
- Able to process all types of stock grants, exercises, lapses, and reporting of payroll and taxes (including Stock Appreciation Rights, Restricted Stock, Stock Options).
- Ability to interpret and understand legal documents such as, security regulations and government legislations.
- Experience with stock administration at a publicly traded company, including knowledge of SEC filings, 10b5-1 plans, Directors and Officers compliance and proxy reporting requirements, stock ownership compliance administration, and experience with an insider trading program.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with experience preparing employee communications.
- Able to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively with people and in teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and familiarity with or willingness to learn g-suite tools (sheets, docs, slides)
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now Payroll System preferred
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
● Performance feedback
● Behavioral feedback
● Training and development opportunities
● Manager feedback
● Flex time scheduling
● Competitive compensation based on experience
● Benefits package
● Product discounts
● Stock options
Owlet Baby Care Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.