At Owlet, we are making a real difference in the lives of parents and their infants every day through cutting-edge technology at the forefront of wearable tech, the internet-of-things, and big data.
Owlet is looking for a Director of Data & Analytics to evolve and govern our data platform and analytics/data science strategy to provide insight into business decisions and improve customer experience. You will work closely with stakeholders across the company to expand our data assets and build platforms to make that data more accessible. The successful candidate will have a proven track record leading data organizations as well as demonstrated commercial acumen.
Sr VP of Operations
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and track the Data department's annual budget
- Develop and rollout a data system architecture and unified BI tool to track and report business performance
- Manage, mentor, develop and scale a growing team of data engineers and business analysts
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify business information needs and to optimize the use of cross functional data sets
- Champion the effort to democratize data access at Owlet, powering analysis and strategies with easy access to high quality data
- Focus on delivering solutions to improve decision-making, optimize research processes, increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, transform data into actionable insights.
- Implement mechanisms to enforce data privacy and data protection regulations
- Promote and standardize our data management governance and best practices across the company.
- Develop and codify process and documentation for scalable, efficient data analytics support.
- Ensure GDPR and other privacy legislation compliance is in place and observed across the business
Skills and Qualifications
- Forward-thinker and self-starter who can follow directions but will also go the extra step
- Experienced building complex relational databases from multiple sources to allow for flexibility and additional sources to be added later
- Broad understanding of business needs and ability to connect with senior leadership to understand organizational needs.
- Proactive leader willing to break paradigms and work creatively
- Experience gathering requirements and implementing BI tool such as Domo, Power BI, Looker, or Tableau.
- Results-oriented leader with a proven track record of leading a data transformation initiative.
- Proven leadership track record and history of managing internal and external resources for exceptional results and insights.
- Team-oriented with refined leadership, management, coaching, and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage time effectively and have strong work and personal code of ethics
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Experience building on modern data stacks and open source big data platforms & technologies; AWS, Snowflake, etc.
- 5-10 years of experience in related fields
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- 401(k) program with company match
- Eligible for company-sponsored benefits package 1st day of the month, following your hire date
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.