Owlet - the leading voice of baby - is looking for a highly-skilled, forward thinking and innovative Creative Director to join the brand team. This is a pivotal leadership role that will push Owlet into the next phase of brand growth. The role will grow and manage an in-house, agency-esque creative department, with the primary focus of creating compelling marketing campaigns and associated content across a variety of channels. This role requires a compelling creative perspective and the skillset to match - we are looking for someone who has visual, motion and written capabilities. As a consumer product good and a technology platform, Owlet is in need of someone who understands both the online and offline landscapes. This role reports to the VP of Brand and can be remote - or based in Chicago or Salt Lake City.
- Manage a team that executes all aspects of the brand’s creative vision & voice, ensuring creative direction is maintained throughout the entire organization globally
- Establish, develop and lead the creative direction for a 360 degree marketing program, which includes everything from retail to digital (e-comm, social media), product packaging design to messaging, daily content to full-spectrum brand moments.
- Partner with Brand Growth, International, Sales, Retail, Product, and Innovation teams to develop content across various marketing channels; create campaign alignments cross-functionally.
- Work alongside the Brand Engagement team within the brand department to inspire digital presence on social media networks (think IG and TikTok), OTT, display and retargeting campaigns, and more. Deliver against set departmental goals.
- Hire and work with agencies and contractors, as necessary.
- Cultivate growth within the creative team through vision and exemplary creative mentorship.
- Oversee photoshoots and video shoots (in studio and on location) with Art Directors; bring creative to life post production throughout the editing process.
- Breathe new life into the baby community with superior skills - and of course an unparalleled vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Advertising, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in art direction or creative development
- 5+ years in team management
- Copy experience
- Production experience
- Expertise in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- The ability to multitask in a big way across a variety of projects!
- Inspirational and simply put: exceptional
- Proactive and self motivated, you consider yourself an entrepreneur of your own line of work
- Knowledgeable across all major content platforms
- An outstanding leader
- Always on top of social trends, new channels, new ways to create
- Flex-time (unlimited PTO)
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
- Remote work opportunities
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.