We started with the knowledge and insight of a veteran Title and Escrow team, paired them with tech industry leaders, and gave them a clean slate – to build what Title and Escrow should be. We invented sophisticated back-office technology to streamline our closing process, and ensure every customer receives the same high level of service, every time. Then we created real-time views into that system with our mobile apps and desktop portal, so there’s no guesswork or uncertainty.
Our approach is simple: Title and escrow has transaction data, documents, and contacts. We know the transaction status; why not share them, in real time, so we’re all on the same page? The results speak for themselves – our customers are our biggest fans.
The Lender Specialist would have the role of working on obtaining loan documents, preparing deeds for closing, reviewing signed documents upon completion and funding of loan.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Verify vesting for deed preparation and complete supporting documents for recording in various states
- Gather Lender information and prepare any initial lender document requests
- Follow up on status of loan documents and retrieve documents through various lender portals or email
- Quality check documents for errors, spelling, vesting issues
- Extract invoices, label documents and set up payment information for disbursements
- Monitor status of signed documents and ensure they are delivered to lender in a timely manner for funding approval
- Perform post-close file/signed document reviews for accuracy
- Balance lender fees; receive and post receipts for wires and checks
- Review all funds for accuracy prior to disbursement including dollar amount, payee information, wire information and payment address
- Ensure all required items needing to be paid off have been collected
- Provide status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate clients/customers
- Anticipate customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Prepare files for final policy generation and recording
- Electronically record documents via Simplifile and send out all recording confirmations by end of day.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferred 2+ years of Title and/or Escrow or Lending Industry experience
- Positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment. Sense of humor preferred.
- Passion for innovation and disposed to continually seek process improvement in all aspects of the title and closing industry.
- Ability to perform tasks relating to closing processing and administrative duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, organize workload and maintain accurate files.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in person and by telephone.
- High level of proficiency with general office applications. (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel) and comfort with learning new applications as required.
- Inherent comfort level working in a startup environment where refinements, re-dos, level headedness, optimization, teamwork and future focused perspective are always needed/required.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in Escrow or Lending industries.
- Resware experience is a plus
Perks and Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision (Company sponsors 100% employee premium, 75% premium for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Equity in the company
- Transportation Stipend/Stipend for Working Remotely
- Parental Leave
- Generous Paid Time Off