Senior Staff Software Engineer - SASE Service Gateway at Lookout
San Francisco, CA, US
- Development and enhancement of Lookouts SASE Data Security Products
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput/ low latency requirements.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- Develop tools to effectively measure performance and latency characteristics of the product.
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- Degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or any other relevant engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in software development of which a minimum of 3 years is spent in design/development of networking and/or security products.
- Deep hands on experience in C/C++ programming
- Recent experience in Linux Kernel programming.
- Experience in few of these technologies is desired - IPSec VPN, Intel DPDK, IKE, Strongswan, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Strong understanding of network & security protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP/DNS,TLS, Active Directory/LDAP, SAML)
- Demonstrable experience of building highly scalable, performant and low latency systems
- Strong understanding of network-security fundamentals (e.g. Authentication, Cryptography, PKI)
- Working experience in using debugging tools like Valgrind, GDB, Purify, etc.
- Working experience in Network Protocol analyzers tools such as Ethereal, Wireshark, etc.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of technologies like Zero-trust Network Access (ZTNA), Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Development experience in Software Defined Perimeter (SDP), Secure Web Gateway (SWG) Products.
- Development experience in File System Drivers and Network Kernel Drivers.