Staff Software Engineer at Lookout
San Francisco, CA, US
- Development and enhancement of Lookout’s category defining CASB and SASE products
- Responsible for developing and enhancing a few of the platform capabilities like Policy Engine, Data Leak Prevention (DLP) System, SaaS/IaaS cloud connector and many more.
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput and easy to maintain systems.
- Work with QA, Performance and automation team in delivering high quality products.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developer
- 8+ years of experience with an engineering degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong Java Programming skills (Java Collections Framework, Multithreading, Concurrency, Performance)
- You have previously designed, architected and implemented, or played a part in implementing large scale microservice architectures, messaging patterns and authentication protocols.
- Hands on experience with commonly used Design Patterns in Java
- Experience with Spring Framework and RESTFul Services
- Experience developing high performance, high throughput (enterprise grade) web services and applications
- Experience in addressing Non Functional Requirements: Performance, Security, Scalability. Maintainability etc.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of network security (TLS, SAML, PKI)
- Systems Integration Experience: MQ, Kafka, Hibernate, Redis
- Experience with Regular Expressions (Regex) based data processing
- Experience with processing data in XML, JSON and YAML formats
- Experience with parsing code, structured data, and document formats
- Experience with microservices and cloud platforms (Docker, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Git, Jira, Jenkins