Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Lookout’s backend system supports a massive volume of data and an increasingly high level of demand, from data ingestion to delivery to dynamic analysis. We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers to build core components and services, as well as to contribute to evolving the architecture. We’re a small team working on a very large, modern system with a user base of millions, so you’ll get to work on a cutting-edge product and service on a large scale. We’re responsible for building and maintaining several of the services powering the various Lookout applications. We build services in Ruby & Scala, are hosted on AWS and firmly believe in using the cloud to our advantage.
Staff Software Engineer - Proxy Development
- Development and enhancement of Lookout CASB’s Inline data protection platform.
- Understand the traffic pattern of SaaS App through Native App and Browser. Implement and maintain the access control features for the SaaS apps and IaaS platforms.
- Work with the product management team to develop new access control features.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas. Involve in the complete software development life. Understand requirements, understand/define functional specs and develop high quality code.
- Develop tools to effectively measure performance and latency characteristics of the product.
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- 8+ years of experience with an engineering degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Java Programming skills (NIO, concurrency)
- Experience developing high performance, high throughput web services and applications
- Extensive experience with Netty or similar application frameworks
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Strong understanding of web protocols (HTTP, WebSockets)
- Strong understanding of network protocols (TCP, UDP, DHCP/DNS, IPSec VPN, RDP)
- Experience reading and implementing RFCs and similar specifications
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of network security (TLS, SAML, PKI)
- Experience implementing network protocols
- Experience with developing web or application servers, proxies, or platforms
- Experience with parsing code, structured data, and document formats
- Experience with microservices and cloud platforms (Docker, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins