Senior Engineering Manager
At Globys we engineer and deliver world-class, industry leading B2B portal solutions for the world’s largest telecom carriers, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, TELUS, CenturyLink and BT. We’ve leveraged our past success to extend our portal solution to span the entire customer journey (buy, manage, pay, analyze). Microsoft, Apple, Coca-Cola, Google, Wells Fargo, and US Navy are just a few of the 500,000+ business customers that rely on Globys’ solutions (via their carrier) to optimize the management of their mobile devices. Our Integrated B2B Portal Solution employs a unique approach by bringing together a carrier’s existing data systems to create an optimized portal experience designed and tailored specifically to the needs of the business user. We know the complexities of carriers and their end-user business customers, and are industry-leading experts at tackling them head-on to transform the digital experience for both.
Globys is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Senior Engineering Manager to join our growing Engineering team! This individual will be responsible for leading and collaborating with a talented, highly agile Engineering team to plan, create, and deliver world class software to Globys’ global customers. If you are ready to leverage your vast array of technical skills to the task of taking Globys Engineering to the next level then we look forward to speaking with you!
As Senior Engineering Manager at Globys, you will:
- Inspire, lead, mentor, and grow a high performing team of engineers chartered with the delivery of an industry-leading SaaS platform in an agile, continuous deployment environment.
- Embrace the first principle of the agile manifesto: “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.”
- Ensure efficient engineering staff allocation while proactively enabling professional development of team members.
- Attract, develop, mentor, and retain passionate, results-oriented, high-performing engineering talent driven by the principles of an “Ideal Team Player” culture.
- Ensure product scalability and high-performance designs.
- Consistently exemplify Globys Company Values to reinforce culture choices that positively impact the Globys Team.
- Actively provide oversight of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Proactively minimize ‘grey’ areas among projects and members of the engineering team.
- Propose and drive new tooling and frameworks in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- 7+ years of strong leadership, envisioning, and problem-solving skills with a track record of building and leading high performing, agile engineering teams engaged in the planning, implementation, and delivery of commercially available enterprise scale products, solutions and/or services.
- Hands-on experience of public cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc.), preferably with Microservice Architectures, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- 5+ years of experience collaborating in high performance Agile teams with Scrum, preferably in Scrum Master or Product Owner roles for 2+ years.
- Strong database design principles. Knowledge within SQL Server or Oracle environments. Experience in other database systems such as Postgres, MySQL or MongoDB is a plus.
- Strong experience with one of the web frameworks such as React (preferred), Bootstrap, Backbone, Angular, and Vue.
- Results-oriented team player, collaborator, and positive motivator with a passion for delivering high quality software in a high-performance team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective collaboration across multiple technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer-focused attitude.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent industry experience.