Invent Collaborative Machine Learning
Comet is doing for Machine Learning what GitHub did for software. We allow data science teams to automagically track their datasets, code changes, experimentation history and production models creating efficiency, transparency, and reproducibility. Ever wondered how Linus felt when he invented GIT? How about the brains behind JIRA? Machine Learning teams operate like software teams 15 years ago and we started Comet.ml to write the rules of ML workflows and teams.
You’re welcome here
Working in a fast dynamic startup is challenging and lots of fun. We are looking for people who want to make an impact with their roles and decisions. If you are excited about pushing code that will change the way data scientists work all over the world, this is the right place for you. Comet.ml is backed by major VCs and we’re looking to expand our team. This role can be based in our NYC SoHo office, Tel-Aviv (Israel) or remote.
Comet.ml is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
About the position
Are you excited about product design? Are you passionate about user interaction design and a beautiful and efficient user experience? Comet is looking for an extraordinary Product Designer to join our team. Comet is building the tools used by the best AI teams in the world.
Our goal is to bring unprecedented usability and delight our users, redefine expectations, and bring world-class usability to machine learning experimentation management and monitoring in a way that ensures our products are easy to learn, use and manage.
You’ll be reporting directly to Comet’s Head of Product, and have an opportunity to be hands-on and deliver your own designs and vision.
What you'll do
- Be hands-on, and own designs beginning to end through the product development life cycle.
- Be a team player - Collaborate between multiple cross-functional teams to solve complex interaction problems, humanize product ideas and develop these ideas into elegantly designed solutions
- Be a strong critical thinker – You will collaboratively distill complex, large-scale and high-volumes of data into unique and stunning, yet highly-usable visualizations/data management paradigms
- Be Agile – You can operate in an Agile environment and, in it, you’ll drive usability initiatives to improve overall user experiences
- Emphasize organization and transparency – Organize the work done by you and the team that you lead so that it can be easily accessed and understood by others on the team
- Create and deliver great products! - Design experiences that are natural to use and beautiful to look at
What you'll need
- 4+ years of professional experience as a UX designer
- 2+ years of experience working on enterprise applications
- 2+ years experience in the analytics/data/ai domain
- Ability to translate complex concepts into easy to understand information architecture and user interaction
- Experience in leading design projects with an iterative process
- Experience in working closely with engineering and PMs on complex enterprise applications (e.g., data visualization, highly interactive apps, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- A strong portfolio that showcases your work, which provides details of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design delivery
- Familiar with current UX best practices and trend
- Bonus: Experiences in UX research, whether with internal or external stakeholders
- Bonus: Some technical skills such as Front-end coding experience, data analysis or engineering background
- Excited about data, numbers, graphs, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of a fast-growing Tech Stars startup
- Be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to empower a diverse range of people, from our individual users to major Enterprises.
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare insurance
- Generous stock options