Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team partners with business leaders throughout Lookout to drive financial and strategic decisions. We provide analysis and conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and tracking performance. We provide thought leadership in financial, compliance, and operations areas.
The Finance Manager partners with our Finance Leadership Team to continue driving the organization towards financial and strategic excellence.
In this individual contributor role you are expected to be the finance lead on company wide financial analytics and financial projections. Your skills will be essential in producing reporting and analytics for Executive Briefings, Board Presentations, Investor Communications and other strategic needs. These services are provided with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Drive Consolidation of Actuals, Forecast, Planning, and BVA during monthly and quarterly close. Complete monthly updates of our forecast to produce our forecasted Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow. This requires coordination with our FP&A Business Partner Team, to ensure that all operating expenses and COGS forecast updates have been processed and uploaded to the forecasting tool. It also requires working with our Senior Financial Systems Analyst to ensure that all appropriate system updates have been made to Vena Solutions to ensure an accurate forecast. Partnering with our Accounting Team on the overall close process is essential.
- Produce monthly financial presentations for our CFO and Executive Staff to highlight our progress against company plan and goals. This involves coordinating with our Senior Data Analyst, who produces our SaaS metrics.
- Generate our Quarterly Board Commentary for our CEO and the Financial Presentation for our CFO to share with the Board. This involves being able to work under pressure of tight timelines to gather information from our FP&A team, Accounting team, and Corporate Reporting team to gather all required information and convert it into a highly professional presentation. Produce quarterly reporting for our other internal and external audiences including our EStaff and Investors.
- Research competitors and use the information to create and maintain benchmark reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Create, maintain and review complex financial models and valuation analyses, including DCF, trading comparables, merger models and transaction impact analyses. Maintain a four year plan utilizing our forecasting system Vena.
- Create and maintain Investor Presentations for use by the VP of Finance and CFO. This may require the maintenance of multiple versions to target different audiences.
- Complete Debt & Equity Analysis as needed.
- Perform due diligence on potential M&A transactions.
- Support any ad-hoc requests. This can include planning scenarios, ROI calculations for various business units, and acquisition target analysis.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance or Accounting preferred; Masters degree a plus
- 6+ years professional FP&A experience
- Experience at a SaaS company preferred.
- Experience with company analytics at an investment banking firm or similar.
- Steadfast business professional who can walk the line between being a partner to the business and being a financial steward of the company
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Able to perform deep dives into the underlying assumptions and quantitative details of all analyses, as well as step back and make recommendations based on the insights you develop.
- Ability to step back and look at the big picture. Optimize processes by looking at what should be done, not what has always been done.