At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system. We are looking for software engineers to help architect, design, and develop tools for our Customer Success team and our Independent Immigration Attorneys to help them prepare error-free immigration applications for our customers. If you want to create a meaningful impact on the world with technology; if you share our belief that bringing empathy to our customers, our product, and our team will bring success; and if you are always on the lookout to get better at what you do, Boundless is the right place for you.
During your first month in this role, you will:
- Learn by doing with your team. Upon your start you will be assigned to one of our existing initiatives. You will learn our codebase and our technologies with pairing and contributing solutions to the problems your Core Team is working on.
- Discover our process, practices, and career map. Throughout your first month you’ll learn about our practices & process; the way we plan our work, retrospectives, release infrastructure, etc and you will work closely with your manager to learn about how we think about career development at Boundless.
Within three months, you will:
- Independently progress on major product initiatives. Once you feel comfortable with our systems, you will start contributing on parts of our major product initiatives. You will understand the effectiveness of your work by engaging directly with our Customer Success Advocates and our Independent Immigration Attorneys.
- Work with the team to identify and improve the technical gaps in our codebase/infrastructure. As you are working on our product initiatives; you will identify structural issues in our codebase, and assist in improving the reliability of our product and our developer experience.
Within a year, you will:
- Contribute to the evolution, improvement and adaptation of team best practices over time. You will help keep things moving, and grow your high-level understanding of the problem spaces. You'll provide perspective and insight as the team makes decisions and evolves.
- Help build an inclusive and high-performing culture at Boundless. Through your day to day actions, you will set examples for our inclusive engineering culture.
About this position:
- 2+ years of full stack development experience
- Interest in mentorship and coaching of engineers
- Experience working with stakeholders and product
- Assists in prioritizing the work of self and others to focus on the highest-impact work
- Experience contributing to system designs for new features and initiatives
- Follows best practices to maintain the health of an area of the codebase