Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is seeking an intern as part of the Mobile team. This is a 6 month contract.
As an intern at Lookout, you will be placed on a team and given a dedicated mentor. You will be given tasks just like any other engineer on your team. You will be expected to complete your tasks in a relatively independent manner. Your mentor is there for you if you get truly stuck, and will do regular check-ins to ensure you’re making progress. However, you will be expected to learn on the job and figure out what you need to do to accomplish the tasks given to you. If you’re looking for a role where you’ll learn a lot and be expected to perform at the same level as other engineers on your team, then this position is right for you! It will be challenging, but very rewarding, as the learning curve is steep.
Lookout’s backend system supports a massive volume of data and an increasingly high level of demand, from data ingestion to delivery to dynamic analysis. We’re looking for talented and motivated interns and co-op engineering students to help build core components and services. We’re a small team working on a very large, modern system with a user base of millions, so you’ll get to work on a cutting-edge product and service on a large scale. We’re responsible for building and maintaining several of the services powering the various Lookout applications. We are hosted on AWS and firmly believe in using the cloud to our advantage.
Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of client automation that support our enterprise security app. Although this role is focused on client automation, you'll also get to play and learn with our high-performance, high-availability backend services.
- Assist in addition to and maintenance of our client automation framework using Appium framework.
- Conduct unit, functional, integration, and other forms of automated testing
- Assist in creating mocks and simulators on AWS to help with end-to-end client automation.
Qualifications & skills:
- Coding in Python (or other interpreted languages like Ruby - on or off Rails) and Java, OR a demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and environments
- You're a quick and avid learner
- You’re a natural problem solver
- You get things done and like moving at a fast pace
- BS candidate in Computer Science or related field/degree
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Github, Jira, Amazon AWS
- Experience with Appium
- Experience with Networking Protocols