Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
Are you a curious and dedicated content marketing professional with an interest in the software industry?
Do you believe that words matter, and that keywords matter even more?
Are you passionate about SEO, and relish researching the perfect topics to engage your audience AND win that coveted featured snippet on Google?
If you answered, “Yes,” then read on!
In the role of Content Marketing Specialist (SEO) at Educative, you will fuel organic traffic and help generate inbound leads by researching and implementing SEO-driven content across all of Educative’s channels. Because you will be developing informative content that is relevant to Educative’s audience AND ranks highly on search engines, there is a heavy keyword research and writing component to this role. That means you’ll have a great opportunity to master and apply the latest SEO best practices.
Finally, as a foundational member of Educative’s content marketing team, you will hone your inbound marketing and content strategy skills, all while building a diverse portfolio of high-performing, technically-focused content marketing initiatives.
About the Role
- Help shape and support Educative’s content marketing strategy
- Fuel organic traffic to our digital properties by influencing the creation of blogs and other content (including writing and editing, as necessary)
- Grow Educative's relevance and authority online for both individual learners (B2C) and enterprise decision-makers (B2B)
- Develop and execute SEO strategy across Educative's organic channels
- Audit existing content and help optimize according to SEO best practices
- Conduct keyword research to inform the creation of future content
- Create SEO-driven content for Educative blog and beyond
- Own and manage SEO software and tools
- Work with product and engineering teams to implement technical SEO best practices
- Promote diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the software engineering community through thoughtful, accessible, empathetic content
- 1-3 years experience in content marketing, SEO, or keyword writing
- Exceptional research and analysis abilities
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience executing SEO initiatives (including keyword writing and research, SEO auditing, and backlink building)
- Familiarity with SEO tools like Ubersuggest, Moz, Ahrefs, or SEMrush
- Ability to develop and implement content strategically for specific audiences
- Solid writing and communication skills
- Curious, growth-minded, eager to learn
- Self-starter, takes ownership of projects
- Passion for education, learning, teaching, mentoring
- Interested in the latest trends and developments in technology
- Computer programming experience (or familiarity with software development concepts) is a huge bonus
Perks of working at Educative Include:
- Competitive base salary
- Full suite of benefits, including health insurance, 401K, etc.
- Free lunch and snacks at Educative’s HQ in the tech hub of Bellevue, WA
- Unlimited PTO
- Limitless opportunities to develop new skills at a mission-driven, high-growth software startup