At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system. We are looking for an experienced, curious, and detail-oriented Accounting Manager. This person will support all of our core accounting activities and own the timely preparation of our monthly financial statements to provide transparency into performance against our business and customer goals. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset who is excited to help evolve and scale operational finance processes at a high-growth tech startup with SaaS characteristics. This role reports into our Controller.
During your first three months, you will:
- Post journal entries and provide supporting documentation during the close; such as calculating, validating, and recording accruals and expenses, re-classes and adjustments.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations. Ensure reconciling items are properly documented, resolved in a timely manner and adjustments are prepared.
- Prepare our monthly consolidated financial statements and working papers consistent with U.S. GAAP
- Analyze monthly variances and effectively communicate results to management
- Propose and support new cross-functional processes to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Collaborate and partner with other teams to address issues.
- Lead key cash flow activities including AP, credits card spend and expense reimbursements
- Assist with annual financial statement audit including review of schedules/supporting documentation prior to submission to auditors.
- Support on tax and compliance matters: organize internal documentation, ensure key filing deadlines are met, register in new states as we expand our remote workforce
Within your first year, you will:
- Conduct technical accounting research
- Evaluate and lead implementation of tools to support scalable financial operations
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Hire and mentor a Staff Accountant
- Collaborate with our FP&A team to update budget vs. actuals information for our budget owners and meet with them periodically for spend updates
- Support our transition to milestone-based revenue recognition
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- CPA preferred
- At least 5 years professional experience
- High regard for confidential information and sound professional judgment
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility, and desire to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment even during times of ambiguity, and learn process quickly
- Proficient computer, organizational, analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Advanced excel skills including experience with complex formulas (e.g. v-lookups, sumif, pivot tables, formatting).
- Must have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data from multiple sources and systems.