Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
At Lookout, the Technical Sales organization is responsible for working with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to grow the Lookout brand, win customers and grow market share. As an Associate SE you will be starting out in your career and will have an opportunity to experience all aspects of the role before specialization further. You will be guided and mentored and will have defined tasks to complete as part of your development.
We’re looking for a high-energy, creative, detail-oriented and passionate person to join the Technical Sales organization at Lookout. Successful candidates will be results-oriented, self-directed and have a strategic approach, balanced with a strong ability to contribute directly to the businesses we build with our customers.
You have background in engineering and a proven track record of solving difficult technical issues, with the ability to approach problems creatively. You will be expected to understand customer needs, map these to Lookout solutions and provide valuable feedback to the organization based on customer input. You will need to represent the customer’s interests across the organization, while also safeguarding the interests of your own company. This could be your first or second role and you will be expected to bring a passion to learn and to expand your capabilities.
- Work with senior member of the Technical Sales team to get a grounding in the Mobile Endpoint Security landscape and the Lookout solution offerings.
- You will have a structured development program and will be expected to complete weekly tasks against defined milestones.
- Build relationships at multiple levels of the organization and will regularly collaborate to input your perspectives and ideas.
- Work with Lookout’s customers and partners and will represent their interests internally, while also balancing Lookout’s interests with the customer / partner.
- Assist with positioning the capabilities of Lookout Mobile Endpoint Security products to customers and partners.
- Assist in the response to RFIs and RFPs in a timely and professional manner to win bids.
- Communicate customer requirements and competitive data, including feature needs, and value proposition to the product and marketing teams and senior management
- Provide input to Technical Sales management on ideas to improve Lookout’s chances of success in the market.
- Build the Lookout Security brand by representing externally at seminars and conferences.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; Mathematics
- Fluent in English - spoken and written
- A solid graduate engineer with excellent communication skills and technical capability.
- A passion to learn, develop and build towards a career in Cybersecurity.
- 0-2 years experience in a technical role, preferably coming in a SaaS or High Tech environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to boil down complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems, passion for optimizing the outcome and clear communication of results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and drive others. Be able to self-manage and prioritize time and tasks.
- Legal right to live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship.