Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and highly technical software engineer to join Lookout’s Security Platform Organization. You'll be a key part of a dynamic team that builds out and maintains Lookout's Policy and Workflow Management Services. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test-driven development, automation wherever possible, and all sorts of other things to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that acquires and analyses domains/web content for the purpose of classification and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
Do you have strong software engineering skills with Ruby on Rails or Java? Do you have good experience with API design and implementation? Then you could be Lookout's Senior Software Engineer with ability to work remotely.
What you'll do
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building key features for our researchers and security services.
- The services you work on will form the backbone for our researchers and security services alike.
- Operationally own, maintain and deploy services.
- Quality is the forefront of all we do, so you will assist with improving all forms of automated testing (unit, integration, functional etc).
- Help troubleshoot, analyze and root cause issues in the platform.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- You will work on microservices built with Ruby, Rails and managed CDNs, on the AWS and Azure Clouds.
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, with 5+ years of work experience.
- Professional programming experience with Ruby, Rails and JS.
- Strong grasp of fundamentals and algorithms.
- We believe in a culture of transparency and teamwork and we welcome like minded contributors.
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Experience with additional Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc) a plus.
- DevOps/SecOps experience with maintaining stateful stores like Elasticsearch.
- Experience/expertise with the following stores - DynamoDB, Redis, Aurora, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS).