Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
As a Senior Product Designer at Remitly you own and drive the product design strategy and experience for our customers. We set our bar high, and aim to design customer experiences that delight our customers worldwide-and we're in a position to make a big impact.
You have mastered and practice a 'design thinking', customer-centered, lean product design process; you have demonstrated great interaction design skills, good visual design skills, as well as the ability to conduct appropriate customer research to inform and validate your strategy and solutions. You are one of Remitly's customer experience champions!
What We Offer
- a fun, friendly small team of UX Product and Brand Designers who love to learn, collaborate, and challenge each other
- an environment filled with passionate and driven individuals that will challenge your thinking and learning on multiple levels
- the freedom to be yourself and bring what you bring to the team
- autonomy and respect within a highly collaborative team and organisation
What You're Looking For
- you want to make a difference and have a high-impact through rich design
- you want to tackle the complex challenge of designing a consistent, easy-to-use, and delightful product experience across all platforms for multiple demographics
- you have the pulse on industry trends and cultural shifts in the digital landscape (design and technology) that can applied to daily design exercises
- you are driven by data by curiously challenge projects, approaches and theories to inform your strategy and solutions
- you find ways to bring Voice of Customer forward including usability tests and customer insights
- you're not afraid to raise your hand when you see something wrong and it pains you to see sloppily done work
- you are passionate about what you do, and want to have fun doing it
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
UX Product Design
- work closely with your product team to create solutions that address distinct user needs and business goals through research, workshops, design sprints, sketching, wireframes, motion studies, site flows, low and high fidelity prototypes, high-quality visual design, etc.
- design scalable systems and patterns for our responsive web and native app customer experiences
- create thoughtful strategies and presentations to communicate crisp concepts to stakeholders, often with multiple solutions in mind
- work with engineers to ensure designs are leveraging technical possibilities, and then coded to spec
- evangelise and rationalise designs to cross-functional teams
Customer Centered Design
- serve as the customer voice and advocate in technology discussions and decisions
- understand your customers and the business needs by synthesising existing data, metrics, research, secondary research etc to inform your strategy
- use remote unmoderated testing platforms to understand the usability of your proposed solutions before finalising
- partner with UX Researchers to gather deeper insights, to answer complex questions, and inform your strategy
- have a test and learn mentality to provide value in a user-centered software development process
Asset & Resource Design
- maintain asset libraries (e.g. UI kits, UX flows, design templates, iconography, etc)
- explore tools and workflows to increase efficiency and quality of the design/research discipline
- give and solicit open and honest feedback in order to continually raise the bar
- be an open and collaborative team member, and bring your fun side!
Skills, experience and knowledge required for this opportunity:
- you will have a proven track record of success as a Senior Product Designer with extensive experience of designing web & mobile applications and you'll be able to share a strong portfolio of UX Driven Product Design with us;
- you will be able to demonstrate your experience and understanding of UX best practice including Discovery, Strategy, Conception/Ideation, Validation and Iteration
- we'd like you to have a basic working knowledge of CSS/HTML
- your experience with Figma, Sketch and Adobe software will be essential
- you'll be able to evidence your ability to prototype designs using prototyping tools or code
- we would like to understand how you have approached brand strategy and how you have bought this to life within the UX experience
- you will have proficiency in designing and leading light research activities to guide design strategies, solutions, and validate your solutions
- we'd expect you to be highly competent and be able to demonstrate examples of where you have used a lean user-centered design process
- we will be looking to asses your expertise in the distinct platform differences between iOS, Android, and Web
- you'll have experience in agile development environments
- for this role, you will need to have excellent written and verbal communication as we are a Global business
- you'll have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in: UX Design, Interactive Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related fields or experience
If you have any of the following skills, experience or knowledge, they will be additionally beneficial:
- background in Internal Tools and FinTech
- eCommerce background
- experience with Service Design
- "Open leave" policy, subject to approval
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Travel benefit
- Learning benefit
- 3000+ free online courses available
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualised volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process.
We accomplish our vision and mission by relentlessly focusing on culture. We've created Remitly's Cultural Values, which embody how an exemplary Remitly team member and the overall Remitly team works to deliver on promises to customers everyday. That starts with putting customers at the center of everything we do.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.