We are open to candidates across the United States to work remotely.
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
With a massive mobile security dataset and over 100 granted patents, Lookout’s security platform, the Lookout Security Cloud, supports a wide range of Lookout products and services and forms the backbone of Lookout’s value and competitive advantages in the mobile security market.
We are looking for a Staff Mobile Security Researcher to join our Application Security Intelligence team, a group of world-class mobile researchers who work on malware and other app-based threats in the mobile space. As a member of this team you will have access and contribute to an extensive arsenal of detection tools and technologies used to hunt and neutralize Android and iOS malware to protect our users.
- Identify and stop threats to user security and privacy, using the largest data set of mobile apps in the world
- Develop strategies to hunt mobile app threats targeting enterprises and individuals
- Identify and track malicious actors
- Develop tools to mine our mobile app data set to identify new malware families, actors, and trends in mobile malware
- Create detection logic to protect users from current and future malware instances
Qualifications & skills:
- Experience in reverse engineering software (mobile App reversing preferred)
- Threat hunting experience with multiple data sets
- Ability to read code in Java, C, C++, ARM Assembly; bonus points for ObjectiveC, Swift
- Ability to create research tools in Python, Ruby, or Java
- Knowledge of mobile systems (Android, iOS)
- Experience using some of the following tools: IDA Pro, Hopper, gdb, Frida
- Curiosity and a strong drive to understand how malware and cyber crime business models work