Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout’s backend system supports a massive volume of data and an increasingly high level of demand, from data ingestion to delivery to dynamic analysis. We’re looking for talented and motivated interns and co-op engineering students to help build core components and services. We’re a small team working on a very large, modern system with a user base of millions, so you’ll get to work on a cutting-edge product and service on a large scale. We’re responsible for building and maintaining several of the services powering the various Lookout applications. We are hosted on AWS and firmly believe in using the cloud to our advantage.
Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of backend services that support our enterprise security product, providing high-performance, high-availability APIs to frontend developers, mobile client teams, external partners. Although this role is focused on backend services, you'll also get to play with frontend code, client code and other cool services.
- Assist in building new services and extend existing ones in our large scale microservices and SOA architecture.
- Build extraordinary customer-focused web applications
- Conduct unit, functional, integration, and other forms of automated testing
- Help us meet aggressive performance and scalability goals keeping us ahead of dramatic growth in the space
Qualifications & skills:
- Excellent coding in Python (or other interpreted languages like Ruby - on or off Rails) and Java, OR a demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and environments
- You're a quick and avid learner
- You’re a natural problem solver
- You get things done and like moving at a fast pace
- BS candidate in Computer Science or related field/degree
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Github, Jira, Amazon AWS
- Experience implementing RESTful services with APIs in massively scalable cloud environments