*We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely*
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack. Functional programming experience is highly desired.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called to take on challenges in areas such as:
- Mobile devices and platforms
- Data analysis
- Scalable distributed systems design.
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work.
- 5+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed. production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continuous delivery.
- Practice end-to-end service ownership, including participating in the on-call rotation.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline.
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, with some Java and occasionally Ruby (in JVM).
- iOS, Android, and their respective development toolchains.
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, and a metric ton of EC2. GCP knowledge is a plus.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Boston, Toronto, Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com