Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
About the role:
As a Content Editor on the Editorial Services Team, you will work in a fast-paced, highly technical environment where traditional skills such as grammatical excellence, storytelling, copyediting, highly effective communication, and proofing are combined with your talent and interest in creating technical courses for over almost a million learners globally.
Successful candidates are comfortable working in a technical environment and enjoy new challenges. The Content Editor will review the editing work of a growing team of Content Reviewers and provide constructive feedback on content style, clarity, formatting, and more. They are responsible for helping maintain Educative’s quality standards for courses, blogs, and other written assets.
We are hiring this role in the greater Seattle area Washington.
In this role, you will:
- Copyedit and proofread both technical and non-technical documents, including educational courses, blog posts, product landing pages, and more.
- Provide constructive editorial feedback to a team of internal Content Reviewers.
- Develop, communicate, and adhere to goals for varying types of content.
- Continuously improve performance, efficiency, and processes by suggesting upstream changes to deliver a refined final product.
- 4-year college degree in communications, English, or other related field, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Copyediting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of publication production processes, including copyediting and proofreading.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with changing and sometimes overlapping priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts with varying degrees of technical expertise, talents, and work styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to advocate effectively for style or process changes.