Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple.
Lookout’s Cloud Platform Engineering Team is transforming how Lookout Engineering teams build and deliver products. The team's vision is to enable innovation and delight our fellow engineers and customers by providing a low friction, high quality continuous delivery platform. As an Engineer working on the Shared Services and Tools team under the Cloud Platform Engineering organization, you will play a pivotal role enabling Lookout Engineering teams to rapidly build, deliver and run global products and services at scale. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, this is the right place.
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, for the Shared services and Tools organization
- You will design and and develop various frameworks, libraries, APIs and microservices that will be used across the organization
- You will work on frameworks such as Play, Nginx etc using Java, Scala, Ruby on the AWS and the GCP Cloud
- You will work on building tooling and automation for developer productivity
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- You will interact with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- You will take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- You will be influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- You will conduct code reviews and ensure high programming standards; troubleshoot, analyze the root cause issues in the platform
- You will be involved in internal customer outreach, advocacy, and support
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- Professional experience with programming languages like Java, Scala, Ruby etc
- Has previously implemented or played a part in implementing microservice architectures
- Solid experience in architecting, implementing, tuning, and debugging large enterprise cloud deployments
- 10 years for Staff Software engineer experience of software development in languages like Java and/or Scala
- 5+ years experience with designing, building and operating large-scale distributed systems on AWS and/or GCP
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Experience with Play Framework
- Experience with Nginx implementations
- Experience with serverless architectures on AWS, like AWS Lambda.
- Experience/expertise with the following stores - DynamoDB, Redis, Aurora.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with implementing services at scale.