At Falkon, we are building a new system of intelligence that empowers professionals to define, understand and improve business metrics and KPIs that really matter.
We are product, engineering and research veterans from Microsoft, Amazon, Dropbox, Amperity and Zulily. Having lived through years of bad metrics meetings and fire-drills, we've discovered a revolutionary way to combine machine learning and human intuition to empower professionals to define, understand and improve metrics that really matter.
We are looking for our very first technical solutions engineer. If you have experience as a solutions engineer for a pilot-driven sales process in a data-heavy SAAS company, we want to talk to you. You'll play a crucial role in shaping product direction for our next-generation business analytics platform. As an early and critical member of our growing team you will also shape our internal processes, hiring plans and company culture.
What will you do?
Customer success - both pilot and full-time - is your number one responsibility.
Partner with the sales on prospect discovery and pilot qualification.
- Demo tenant setup
- Understand the customer's data landscape and figure out how an integration with Falkon would work.
- Determine whether pilot prerequisites (technical artifacts) are satisfied and how to scrappily bridge the gap.
Deliver successful customer pilots. This involves:
- Setting up the data pipeline to ingest and validate customer data from the customer warehouse into Falkon.
- Understanding customer's existing metric and KPI definitions and implement them in Falkon.
- Understanding customer's existing business workflows and represent them in Falkon using our business objects.
- Understand customer data that lives in widely-used business object schemas (such as Salesforce)
- Deep dive into customer-provided data sets to understand business rules and explicit/implicit relationships between business objects.
- Set up tenants and data ingestion jobs.
- Build reusable data connectors and pipeline stages for data sources that are not supported by Falkon but critical for pilot success.
- Write scripts and product features to automate and minimize pain points re: pilot motion and customer onboarding.
Help successful pilots onboard as full-time customers onto the Falkon platform.
- Implement new metrics
- Implement features that enable customers to self-serve on metric definition and metric updates
- Build new features that speed up customer onboarding
Partner with the PM team on product capability
- Surface platform limitations re: data ingestion, metric definition, metric updates.
- Advocate for improvements and automation to our customer and data onboarding flows.
- Build features and tools to improve these flows.
- Funnel customer feedback re: product feature set to the product and design team.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience in a comparable solutions or sales engineer role at a SAAS startup.
- Solid, demonstrated knowledge of SQL is a must.
- Demonstrated programming ability in Python or equivalent programming language.
- Creativity, persistence, and inquisitiveness about analytics, BI, and enterprise data warehouses, and the desire to help enterprises solve problems in new ways.
- Familiarity with commonly used cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift etc)
- Familiarity with AWS cloud platform and cloud application architectures.
- Experience with Salesforce business objects is a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience.