Who Boundless is
We’re a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
In 2020, Boundless acquired RapidVisa to become the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams. After four years of policy headwinds, we are at an inflection point, projecting to grow 3-4x every year through the Biden administration and become the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential early-stage venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Emerson Collective (Laurene Powell Jobs’ foundation), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Jerry Yang, and are well-capitalized for growth.
What you’ll do
As we scale rapidly from ~150 FTEs to 300+ over the next 12 months and triple our revenues through expanding our product portfolio, we are looking for an experienced People Operations Manager who can help shape and scale our People operations infrastructure. Reporting into the Head of People, Americas, you will be responsible for managing and optimized People Operations systems and maintaining best practices as we continue to grow. This is a high impact and hands-on role where you will be able to identify needs and influence long-term planning and decision making. In this role you will be able to work on compensation and incentive programs, health and welfare benefits, our 401(k) and equity programs in addition to leveraging our HR Systems.
In this role, you will:
- Manage our company policies, partnering with Head of People, Americas and VP of People to maintain and update
- Identify potential People Operations enhancements (i.e. training, features, processes), working cross-functionally to design, test and implement those approved.
- Lead People Operations projects as requested to support growth, efficiencies and scalability across Boundless
- Build and execute processes supporting the employee lifecycle (including onboarding/offboarding, mobility, benefits, and leaves of absence)
- Manage and administer Boundless’s benefits plans and programs. Liaison with insurance partners, vendors, and brokers (health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.)
- Work in partnership with the People team in providing customer-centric support for all employees and managers on all People Operations inquiries and priorities
- Conduct benefits orientation for new hires and annual open enrollment
- Support employees and administer all leaves of absence
- Develop and administer Boundless’s mobility program by partnering with key stakeholders (immigration counsel, recruiting, Talent Engagement Partners, employees, and hiring managers)
- Audit and submit semi-monthly payroll to ensure accuracy and appropriate payouts to all employees
- Configure time and attendance policies/functionality in consultation with Head of People, Americas
- Maintain knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding benefits, compensation, and leave administration to effectively administer Boundless’s US people policies
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws (employee files, postings, audits, reporting, etc.)
- Process employment-related changes and maintain data integrity in all HR systems, ensuring compliance and conducting regular audits
- Implement any new People modules into our HRIS
- Establish and maintain People data and analytics
- Champion our company values in every aspect of our People Operations function
- At least 8 years of people operations leadership and human resources management experience, preferably in a start-up and tech environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the various laws and regulations around employment practices
- Experience evaluating, recommending and implementing new People Ops technology
- You’re passionate about People policies that create an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce
- Effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and influence across a variety of stakeholders
- Effective planning and priority setting. Possess a strong understanding of employee lifecycle and HR, across multiple regions
- Strong understanding HRIS and people operations software solutions
- You “Think without Bounds” in finding solutions that work for Boundless
- You are passionate about “Understanding the Why”. You have in-depth People Ops experience that you leverage to improve processes and create efficiencies
- You have the ability to “Strive to Simplify” by leveraging strong program, project, and process management skills that inform the right solutions
- You have outstanding people skills – high degree of empathy and a great communicator (both written and verbally) with interpersonal and relationship management skills
- You have great organizational skills, high attention to detail, and an ability to juggle frequently changing priorities with confidence and grace