Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With over 200 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen - predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including Vodafone, Orange, Verizon and AT&T, have selected Lookout as their preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as VMware, Microsoft, Google and BlackBerry. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Haarlem, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit and follow Lookout on its , , and .
About the team
Lookout is searching for a talented and experienced Pre Sales Engineer, based in Germany, to cover the DACH region. You will join an established team and will focus on building Lookout’s success within the region. This will involve working with Lookout’s enterprise customers and channel partners in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.You will play a key part in ensuring successful customer acquisition and expansion in the region.
What will you do?
- You will assist Sales with pipeline generation and development through events, webinars, roundtable discussions and meetings.
- You will create and maintain deep ongoing relationships at multiple levels within customer and partner organisations.
- You will represent customer interests internally, most importantly balancing Lookout’s interests with that of the customer.
- You will assist with the launch of new products and services into the local market.
- You will deliver technical training to Lookout’s partners when required.
- You will maintain an awareness of the competition and position the capabilities of Lookout Security products with the customer to define RFP requirements.
- You will aid in the response to RFIs and RFPs in a timely and professional manner.
- You will assist technically with Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts in customer environments.
- You will communicate customer requirements and competitive intelligence, including feature needs, and value proposition to the product and marketing teams and regional management.
- You will provide input to regional management on go-to-market strategies
- You will work with post-sales functions - Support and Customer Success - to ensure successful customer deployments.
- You will build the Lookout Security brand by representing and / or presenting at seminars and conferences
- A solid system/sales engineer with excellent relevant experience, strong ties with customers and a positive reputation for delivery.
- Ideally 5+ years of direct sales engineering experience with customers in the DACH region.
- Experience in some or all of mobility, endpoint security, remote access, SASE/ZTNA, cloud / SaaS security
- Working knowledge of enterprise mobility - MDM/MAM, IDP, VPN, MTD, iOS, Android Enterprise.
- Experience with working with large mobile carriers, system integrators and security partners.
- Focus on continuous improvement and service delivery to large customers.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to boil down complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages.
- Willingness to build your own knowledge of mobile security and to present Lookout’s thought leadership into the market.
- Proven hands-on technical experience that can translate into delivery of customer facing live demos.
- Confidence and gravitas when representing Lookout on technical panels and delivering presentations to prospective customers.
- Great organisational skills with a desire to take ownership, self-manage and prioritise accordingly.
- Ability to plan and execute on technical sales strategies and communicate effectively on results.
- Excellent analytical skills and a creative approach to solving customer problems.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
What do we offer?
- The chance to be a part of a high functioning team in an established and growing region.
- Develop mobile security expertise with the industry leader.
- Collaborate globally with Lookout product, marketing and technical experts.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace