Boundless is looking for the founding member of our Strategic Finance team! This person will work directly with our VP Finance and support on all financial planning, strategic financial analysis, and decision making workstreams. We are a fast-growing tech company working through the fun and challenge of scaling an international and mission-oriented operation, while innovating and expanding in a category that will evolve in a big way in 2021 and beyond. Our culture is dynamic and fast moving, while also casual, supportive and collaborative, and our team is a diverse group of highly driven, strategic-minded individuals, executing across their various areas of expertise.
Successful candidates will be ambitious, energetic, highly analytical, self-starters and natural leaders. They are able to support critical decision making with either fast back of the envelope analysis, or more robust models, depending on what the situation requires. They will have the judgement and maturity to communicate proactively around challenges, key decisions, and any potential delays, and they will be skilled at managing their time against competing priorities and deadlines. Most importantly, they will be excited to get their hands dirty across a wide range of finance and strategy projects.
Within one month, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our unit economics, margins, and cash flow profile
- Support our Series B fundraise and debt financing diligence and financial model, working closely with our CEO and VP Finance
- Prepare analysis and visualizations to help us identify and explain customer, business, and cash flow trends
Within six months, you will:
- Own KPI tracking and reporting, working closely with our marketing and operations teams
- Partner cross-functionally to answer important business questions about resource allocation, contract tradeoffs, project prioritization, and more
- Build and own a cash flow model to help us understand working capital dynamics
- Help budget owners understand how they are spending relative to budgets
- Work closely with our marketing and operations leads to develop and update hiring / onboarding plans for our operations teams and attorney network, considering sales momentum and margin targets
- Own our financial forecast model, working closely with marketing (sales) and operations (margin)
Within one year, you will:
- Help us identify and prioritize opportunities to improve our growth, unit economics, and/or cash flow dynamics through the use of analytics and business judgment
- Represent the finance team in internal planning meetings to advise on project ROI and influence project prioritization
- Build our 2022 budget
- Implement new tools to help us scale our financial operations
- Support in evaluating and executing on any M&A opportunities
About this position:
Prior experience building financial models (especially in an investment banking or investing context) is required for this role. Candidates should have a strong grasp of accounting concepts, be capable of analyzing financial statements, have exceptional attention to detail and be able to communicate complex financial topics to a wide range of audiences. Successful candidates will enjoy both collaborating with cross-functional team members to explore questions and opportunities, as well as flying solo on our cash flow forecast for days on end. This person should be comfortable operating with limited direction and take great pride in their work.